Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Under the Bonnet

Options
  • 23-08-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have my test scheduled for Tuesday morning, I was just wondering what do they ask you to point out when you lift the bonnet? I've had a quick search online but I can't seem to find a list or anything, and I wouldn't be too knowledgeable when it comes to cars!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

I was taught to just point out the windscreen fluid, brake fluid, oil and water. When tested, I was asked to point out how would I know how much to put in (i.e. to find the max and min markings on each item). That was great fun - getting me head stuck into an engine and trying to find markings on each of them lol (needless to say, I don't know too much about cars!). I was afraid the fecker was going to ask me to change a wheel in the finish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

Oh and power steering fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Also, know how and when to check the oil level. Level car, cool engine. My instructer always pointed out the grill too.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

Youtube is a good bet for resorce material of this type..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Cheers lads. No excuses not to pass now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Make sure you know how to check tires too - thats a curve ball they sometimes throw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's raining they sometimes skip it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

spurious wrote: »
    If it's raining they sometimes skip it.

They normally ask about tyres in the office in those circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

This has some useful info for the under the bonnet questions.

Advertisement