Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture in UCD

Options
  • 22-08-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,
    I know its a bit late to ask but I got 470 in the leaving and wanted to do Architecture in UCD however the points were 490 this year! Is it likely that the points will drop? Or is it possible to move up to 485 if I get several of my subjects rechecked? I thought I was safe with 470 as it was 450 last year :(... At the moment I accepted a place at DIT but I've heard mixed opinions about the college. If anyone could give any advice or thoughts it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TheCassman

Hi,
    I know its a bit late to ask but I got 470 in the leaving and wanted to do Architecture in UCD however the points were 490 this year! Is it likely that the points will drop? Or is it possible to move up to 485 if I get several of my subjects rechecked? I thought I was safe with 470 as it was 450 last year :(... At the moment I accepted a place at DIT but I've heard mixed opinions about the college. If anyone could give any advice or thoughts it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey! I study architecture in UL and from my knowledge, DIT is a great school to study architecture. I wouldn't worry too much.... you could also transfer schools at any stage of your studies if you really do want to change college! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi,

Nobody knows if the points will change.

Rechecking does not mean automatic upgrade. If you are rechecking you have to find answers that are correct, in the marking scheme and were awarded no marks.

There has to be enough marks to carry you into the next grade. This has to happen on three different papers (unless it's A2 to A1) for you to get 15 points. That in itself is unlikely.

Advertisement