Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashed Google Nexus - one week old!

Options
  • 22-08-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

As the title said, dropped google nexus tablet after one week of taking it out of the box. No I didn't take out insurance - lesson learnt! I'm trying to get it fixed but nobody fixes them at a reasonable price. The repair price I've been quoted is what I paid for it in the first place. Anyone know where I could get it done reasonable or at least sell it for some money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

you could try some of the chine run phone shops on moore street.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue. Moved to Android Devices

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Fonfix will replace the screen for about €130
    http://www.fonfix.ie/

Edit, that price was for a nexus 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Abouttime wrote: »
    As the title said, dropped google nexus tablet after one week of taking it out of the box. No I didn't take out insurance - lesson learnt! I'm trying to get it fixed but nobody fixes them at a reasonable price. The repair price I've been quoted is what I paid for it in the first place. Anyone know where I could get it done reasonable or at least sell it for some money?

I replaced the glass on my nexus 7 myself, Bought it from a chinese site for $60

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Ouch.

Whenever it is fixed, it might not be the worst idea in the world to have a look at a decent case.

I bought one of these, a few months back (put "Seidio BD2-CSK3ASN72-BK DILEX Case with Multi Purpose Cover for Google Nexus 7 - Black" into an Amazon Search - I can't post URLs.

I think I got it for under £20 at the time but it's the job. Unless it hits a corner when falling the screen won't break as there's a lip on the sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Have you looked into whether your house insurance covers it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Just fix it yourself, if your anyway DIY capable then it will be pretty simple tbh, plenty of walkthroughs on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Abouttime

Ok I'm going to give it a go, I've nothing to lose as it doesn't work anyway! I want to make sure that I buy the right equipment so if anyone has ever replaced one can you send me a link as to where you bought it with tools included. Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Have you looked into whether your house insurance covers it

Or credit card, some have insurance for purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

www.syncron.ie will fix most screens and other electronics issues quickly and cheaply.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    Or credit card, some have insurance for purchases.

The house or credit card insurance excess would be higher than the cost of repair.
    My son smashed the screen of his Asus Memo pad a few weeks after getting it and the repair was the same price as the tablet. Even replacement screens are €60 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Abouttime

I didn't take out accidental damage on my insurance policy. I think the screen replacement is €35 as on amazon, but I'd like to make sure for certain that I'm buying the right one. So if anyone has a link to the one they bought can they post it here. Thanks

Advertisement