Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingray X mod

Options
  • 22-08-2014 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this yet?

Just wondering if it's as good as it looks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yeah, it's really nice.
    I got the 1:1 clone with the hybrid connector,looks real good with the Origen dripper and hits hard.
    New button design as well so not crunchy like the other models and stands unlocked without firing or wobbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

100% yes - even better than it looks, and it looks stunning. I got a 1:1 version 2 weeks ago to go with my Cats Dripper - best two self indulgent purchases I've made in ages.

Absolutely fantastic vape, perhaps the shortest mod on the market in hybrid mode but really solid build. I honestly didn't realize how much noticeable voltage loss there was from stainless until I tried copper.

I did have my eye on the 49 mod, but by seeing them in the flesh both side by side it was no contest (although I do love the 49's simplicity).

It did take a few days until the button was firing nice and smoothly in short throw mode, but that seems to be a problem with the original as well. pics here..

Just need to get my hands on a few Nippleless 18650's so I can use hybrid mode all the time.

Just did a voltage drop test on it,

with a .24 ohm coil the drop was .9v
    with a 1.2 ohm coil the drop was .3v

the meter I have only reads to 1 decimal place so that's the best I can do.

Thats way too big a drop, you should be getting sub .1 ! .. are all your contacts / threads clean?

I gave them a quick wipe but that's all, that was in 18650 mode,didn't try the shorter ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

was.deevey wrote: »
    100% yes - even better than it looks, and it looks stunning. I got a 1:1 version 2 weeks ago to go with my Cats Dripper - best two self indulgent purchases I've made in ages.

Absolutely fantastic vape, perhaps the shortest mod on the market in hybrid mode but really solid build. I honestly didn't realize how much noticeable voltage loss there was from stainless until I tried copper.

I did have my eye on the 49 mod, but by seeing them in the flesh both side by side it was no contest (although I do love the 49's simplicity).

It did take a few days until the button was firing nice and smoothly in short throw mode, but that seems to be a problem with the original as well. pics here..

Just need to get my hands on a few Nippleless 18650's so I can use hybrid mode all the time.

Is that the fasttech version, or the one from e-smokeireland?

Neither, so far as I can tell its at least assembled and re-packaged by Kincent Technologies however is probably the same as a number of other clones.

Most of the tubes and switches of these clones all come "raw" from the same couple of factories and then sold onto smaller manufacturing firms who assemble finish them off and repackage themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 meduza

Purchased Hcigar black copper stingray from e-smokeireland about month ago and within few days of use the paint started to flake also the switch became too wobbly after some use. However a friend of mine has the same mod made by Infinite and has been using it for over 2 months now without any issues.
    So later decided to get the stingray X made by infinite and I haven't regretted it, the thing is built like a tank. I'm very impressed with the quality. I'm getting .1 voltage drop on nearly all of my attys.
    I would definitely recommend the X mod, just make sure that the one you get has silver plated contacts because when I was looking for them some of the clones didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

meduza wrote: »
    Purchased Hcigar black copper stingray from e-smokeireland about month ago and within few days of use the paint started to flake also the switch became too wobbly after some use. However a friend of mine has the same mod made by Infinite and has been using it for over 2 months now without any issues.
    So later decided to get the stingray X made by infinite and I haven't regretted it, the thing is built like a tank. I'm very impressed with the quality. I'm getting .1 voltage drop on nearly all of my attys.
    I would definitely recommend the X mod, just make sure that the one you get has silver plated contacts because when I was looking for them some of the clones didn't.
    Where did you get the infinite one?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 meduza

I got mine from kernowvapes.co.uk

• Advertisement

Totes excited
    Date Time Event Processed by

Wed 10.09.2014 07:46 Arrival at borderpoint of destination country IEDUBA

I've worn through a patch of the silver plating on my bottom switch already, going to see if a jeweler can re-plate it for me on the cheap :(

I've just sanded mine back to copper,from what I've read there is very very little difference unless you are using solid silver contacts.
    The main reason they plate them is that copper will tarnish so you have to clean the contacts regularly,the easiest way to clean them is with a pencil eraser(rubber).

Ok, it's arrived. Nice mod and very well made. Shame there's no kick ring for 18650 batteries, but other than that, very pleased.

The hybrid adaptor though, how do I use that? The positive pin on my aerotank is below the surface, so the battery will just short out.

you can buy the kick ring separately.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009270/1807301-replacement-tube-for-stingray-x-mod

When you say below the surface do you mean it's sticking out?

It's supposed to be protruding from the adaptor but the most important thing is that the positive pin is at least 0.5mm longer than the 510 threading on your tank.

you can buy the kick ring separately.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009270/1807301-replacement-tube-for-stingray-x-mod

When you say below the surface do you mean it's sticking out?

It's supposed to be protruding from the adaptor but the most important thing is that the positive pin is at least 0.5mm longer than the 510 threading on your tank.

No, it sits below the end of the 510 thread so the battery contact will touch the thread, not the pin.

Yeah, just checked mine and it's a nice bit up and not adjustable.The top cap it nice anyway so it still looks good.

Just ordered the extension pieces, one of each size just to be sure.

The switch seems quite smooth, is it the centre section/post that needs greasing?

Yeah,just give it a rub with a pencil,graphite is a great lubricant and conductive as well so you can use it on scratchy threads ect.

Advertisement