Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeofest 2014

Options
  • 22-08-2014 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to Archaeofest in Merrion square tomorrow?
    All has been quiet here,so was beginning to think it was not scheduled for tomorrow!
    I hope the weather's to be fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

I guess I was the only forum member who attended Archaeofest yesterday?
    I went with the intention of meeting members of the U.C.D. Experimental Prehistoric Stoneworking Group,and unfortunately they were elsewhere.I had some flint finds which I was hoping they could have a look at.One of the members of the group was there(I unfortunately didn't get his name),but it was his day off and so didn't want to pester him.
    Fortunately,there was a flint knapper there from Northern Ireland.His flint knapping skills were exemplary.He had some of his arrowheads on display and they looked amazing.
    I didn't hang around too long thereafter and so didn't get to do or see anything else I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Bonedigger wrote: »
    I guess I was the only forum member who attended Archaeofest yesterday?
    I went with the intention of meeting members of the U.C.D. Experimental Prehistoric Stoneworking Group,and unfortunately they were elsewhere.I had some flint finds which I was hoping they could have a look at.One of the members of the group was there(I unfortunately didn't get his name),but it was his day off and so didn't want to pester him.
    Fortunately,there was a flint knapper there from Northern Ireland.His flint knapping skills were exemplary.He had some of his arrowheads on display and they looked amazing.
    I didn't hang around too long thereafter and so didn't get to do or see anything else I'm afraid.

I was there..I had a couple of items I was trying to get an opinion(arrow heads) on but some kids were hogging up the appraisers time..it was a great couple of hours..interesting and informative. .lots of free booklets etc...and im guessing the bouncy dolmen as "poulnabrone"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Maudi wrote: »
    I was there..I had a couple of items I was trying to get an opinion(arrow heads) on but some kids were hogging up the appraisers time..it was a great couple of hours..interesting and informative. .lots of free booklets etc...and im guessing the bouncy dolmen as "poulnabrone"

Any chance of uploading a few pics of those arrowheads Maudi?I'd love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Bonedigger wrote: »
    Any chance of uploading a few pics of those arrowheads Maudi?I'd love to see them.

Sorry..could never find out how to upload to boards from my phone..however if you pn me your mobile I can send them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

I was there. A great day all round. The weather was helpful and the presentation and layout was good. Not every day a person gets to push that pricy a set of geophysics gear around and watch live readings. The bouncy dolmens and the weapons displays worked well beside osteo advice and microscope work. Nice to see the Minister about too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement