Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse and Keyboard

Options
  • 22-08-2014 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hi all i'm in the process of completing my build but have a question on a decent mouse and keyboard. I'm switching from a Labtop so i need both. My budget is abit tight having spent close to €1120 on my build. I'm really in to Mmo and Rts games and am aware of the special mouse and keyboards that are built to accommodate these. But the prices are crazy for each individual piece. I looking closely at the CM Storm Devestator good reviews and great value for money anyone have it that recommends it? Or any advice from people who have reliable cheapess mouse and keyboards for my needs? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sciscitatio

I have the Mad Catz R.A.T (something) gaming mouse, and love it, much better then Logitec gaming mouse, however im not sure of its price as it was a present, but im sure google can answer that. As for the keyboard, Mad Catz also do these, but Logitec ones I like more. CM Storm Devestator looks good but id only get it for the keyboard and go with a better mouse, but that just based on how much I love the Mad Catz mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'd recommend any decent mechanical for they keyboard, since you mention gaming, Red or Black switches would likely be preferred. A lot of the bigger names in accessories have mechanical keyboards now (Corsair and Coolermaster having notably good ones).

For mouse, basically anything with a flawless sensor, Deathadder 2013 I think has the same flawless sensor as the Deathadder it replaced, another alternative would be a Zowie AM, which also has a flawless sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Thanks i'm aware of all the brands you mentioned but there really expensive. Mechanical are dear off the bat and Razer start at €50+ for a basic mouse. Mad Catz are around the same price mark. Anyways i'll see other options that are available to me for my budget and go from there thanks.

Hope you dont mind me saying, but if you have spent so much on your build, I think its worth going the last mile for a good mouse etc, Its the part of the PC you hold the most :)

On on another note a good mouse pad is also worth thinking about! I have the razer vespula, its double sided and really nice for them long hours of gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Hope you dont mind me saying, but if you have spent so much on your build, I think its worth going the last mile for a good mouse etc, Its the part of the PC you hold the most :)

On on another note a good mouse pad is also worth thinking about! I have the razer vespula, its double sided and really nice for them long hours of gaming.

Definitely agree, one of the nicest improvements you can get for any PC (except if you don't already have an SSD).

Steelseries QCK+ 4 life :cool:

• Advertisement

Definitely agree, one of the nicest improvements you can get for any PC (except if you don't already have an SSD).

Steelseries QCK+ 4 life :cool:

O yes, a SSD is a must, such an improvement to start up seeds etc.

Ive never heard of steelseries, but that mouse pad sounds good, the only thing it dose not seem to have is the wrist support but then I know a lot of people are not mad on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Thanks SSD drive is included and i shaved a good few euro off with a change of monitor. I had the Dell Utrasharp 24" IPS model but changed to an ASUS brand it had good comments and way cheaper. Cant link things so you'll have to take my word. Getting back to the mouse/keyboard issue this SteelSeries Ikari Gray-Black 5 Buttons was on Newegg for €22 and not many reviews but all positive ones. Keyboards well Amazon have plenty of companies i never heard of but have positive reviews so i'll see what happens.Thanks for the comments.

Advertisement