Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gingko Biloba

Options
  • 22-08-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get a gingko biloba sapling? Of if anyone has any seeds this autumn or where to get some, are they easy to germinate?

Dublin area.

tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

plant from these in a 1L pot, 1 foot @ high €8. They may post it to you, winter may be best for that. (I have bought off them but not a ginkgo)

http://www.futureforests.net/br_conifers.htm

Ginkgo did not like my garden at all, too exposed at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

thank you both. Great ideas.

was inspired by this view in Japan.

Gingkobiloba_zpsb6c3fd5e.jpg

summer

WP_003894_zps17a7f5a7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They are a beautiful tree alright. Big though, are you a city gardener?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What a very clean and tidy street - but what on earth does that u-turn sign mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

looksee wrote: »
    What a very clean and tidy street - but what on earth does that u-turn sign mean?

no u-turns.

Yeah, I'm a city gardener. Will have to have a good think about where to put one. I used to grow chestnuts and they are hard to get rid of.

I got a dozen or so treed in that Million Trees in a Day thing still in pots. I must get them into the ground this autumn/winter...

Advertisement