Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Pats Drumcondra accomodation

Options
  • 22-08-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey, I applied for St pats campus , i'm 7th on waiting list but it said people had to accept by 5 pm the 21st (yesterday) , since then I haven't heard any word of getting campus, am just wondering does anyone know if thats it and i'm not getting campus or when would they let me know ?

In the meantime i'm going to look to for other places, anyone know any good locations for 1st years not to far from pats , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eoin96

Hi, I'm second on the waiting list and still awaiting an email to tell me about my place! Any idea when we will find out? I dont kno if i should start looking for houses or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pirhannaer

Eoin I heard of people getting offered places when they were 20 something on waiting list, I don't know if thats rumours or not , I reckon offers will come close to the reg. day as some people won't pay as they found other places, if not i've heard if people drop out or get kicked out you could get offered some time throughout the year , ive started looking for places but hopefully we'll get offered soon as it would be soo much better on campus.

pirhannaer wrote: »
    Eoin I heard of people getting offered places when they were 20 something on waiting list, I don't know if thats rumours or not , I reckon offers will come close to the reg. day as some people won't pay as they found other places, if not i've heard if people drop out or get kicked out you could get offered some time throughout the year , ive started looking for places but hopefully we'll get offered soon as it would be soo much better on campus.

Hopefully we will be told soon! I was thinking it might be when the second round offers come out? Maybe not though, we'll see soon enough anyway I suppose

Eoin96 wrote: »
    Hopefully we will be told soon! I was thinking it might be when the second round offers come out? Maybe not though, we'll see soon enough anyway I suppose

I'm looking for other places to be safe , its proving very difficult tho!

I'm looking for other places to be safe , its proving very difficult tho!

Pats just rang me, saying I have a place in dcu , I didn't apply for dcu campus but yet if I didn't take it I would be put back to 31 on the list for pats, she spoke very rudely making jokes and put me under a lot of pressure I'm actually appauled from what she just did

• Advertisement

Pats just rang me, saying I have a place in dcu , I didn't apply for dcu campus but yet if I didn't take it I would be put back to 31 on the list for pats, she spoke very rudely making jokes and put me under a lot of pressure I'm actually appauled from what she just did

When applying for st pats campus did u tick the box for dcu campus ? That's very strange you should contact st pats college and explain what went on

When applying for st pats campus did u tick the box for dcu campus ? That's very strange you should contact st pats college and explain what went on

No I'm sure I didn't tick it! I've accepted now and I explained it to the lady , she was so rude it's unbeleivable

No I'm sure I didn't tick it! I've accepted now and I explained it to the lady , she was so rude it's unbeleivable

Wonder why they contacted you so , at least you have accomodation all the stress is over for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sinead18

I know the lottery method is "the fairest way" but they seriously should have more or other accommodation! Applied for campus on the dot at 12pm and wa absolutely heartbroken when I got an email saying I was no.48 on the list! Count yourselves lucky yee aren't in the double digits!!:(

sinead18 wrote: »
    I know the lottery method is "the fairest way" but they seriously should have more or other accommodation! Applied for campus on the dot at 12pm and wa absolutely heartbroken when I got an email saying I was no.48 on the list! Count yourselves lucky yee aren't in the double digits!!:(

I know you gotta feel for people , I didnt know it was lottery method at time and applied as quick as I could too, number 7 is not far in line , number 6 now since eoin is going dcu campus but that being said i still haven't been offered campus and can't find anything :( hows your house hunt going sinead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 hynesenberg

Renting a room for the month of September if anyone needs somewhere to stay while waiting for a house/on campus accommodation to show up.
    It's 10 minutes walk from St. Pats with 3 other students.
    PM me if interested

Advertisement