Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratch removal, Dublin

Options
  • 22-08-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Can anyone recommend me to someone who does scratch repair, on my new car someone had decided it was a good idea to run a key down the side of it.
    I'm based in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

How deep is the scratch? Can you run your fingernail into the groove of it or does it run over?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

If you can't feel the scratch you can usually buff it out yourself but if you can feel it then you need to go to a pro.

Car cosmetics in south Dublin get big praise, you can upload a photo of the damage on their site and get an estimate from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ashleybyrne

Thanks all I will check later on once I am beside car how bad the scratch is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    If you can't feel the scratch you can usually buff it out yourself but if you can feel it then you need to go to a pro.

Car cosmetics in south Dublin get big praise, you can upload a photo of the damage on their site and get an estimate from that.

Yeah I used them before they were very good

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah I used them before they were very good

Thanks guys for the comments, ill check later i think ill need a pro it looks like a bad scratch that would not be able to be buffed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 tweaf1

Sorry to hear, Carcosmetix.ie will sort this out, not connected but have done some work for me a couple of times now and the quality of their work is brilliant.

Look at their website and send a photo of scratch and they'll give you a price.

Good luck with the new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

What are carcosmetix like on prices? I have to get a few do e on my car?

Thanks, ill pop car Carcosmetix a text with a picture of the damage see what they can do for me
    I did check it seems like just the top layer of paint was removed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Seriously scummy thing to do. I tried a scratch removal place before and had no joy. It was a mobile repair place. I cant remember who it was. I complained on here about them. They arranged appointment at my house after viewing the scratch where i work. They never arrived. I rang them and the guy claimed he knocking at the door, but of course that was BS, because he claimed the car was parked where it wasn't and that he looked in the window of the house and nobody was there. More BS. Let us know how u get on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What are carcosmetix like on prices? I have to get a few do e on my car?
    I can't remember exactly what I paid, but they came to the house, picked it up, sorted it out perfectly, brought it back. Price was what you'd expect for repairing the scratches alone, maybe lower again

• Advertisement

I'm going to give them a call, will let you know how i get on once they come to look at the car

Advertisement