Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Advertising to Google Adwords

Options
  • 22-08-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have just started a jobbridge with a mortgage broker and I am helping to digitally promote the business. We are looking at FB adverts and Google Adwords and I am just wondering what everyone things is the most effective. I know adwords will really work but it seems really expensive to bid on the keywords we need, whereas I am working on generating lots of content for FB and our blog.

Ideally I want to do both, so just wondering what would be the minimum spend for a google adwords campaign that actually works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

This is probably better in the Internet Marketing forum, but how and ever..

The Search market (ie Google Adwords) is exceptionally competitive when it comes to Mortgages and Banking. Unless you are spending tens of thousands per month, you will unfortunately not come close to what the bigger banks are spending to acheive a decent coverage. I would suggest picking a select few keywords that specifically indicate someone is looking for a mortgage broker (put 'mortgage broker' into the keyword planner and see how you go from there), and only spend cash on those.

I'm not an expert on Facebook so I'll let someone else jump on this thread to advise on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It's been a few years but I've run Adwords campaigns for a mortgage broker before and, exactly as Ah Yeah says, Oh God, Much Money. It's so hard for a small business to compete in that particular sphere, the cost per click can be huge, and the conversion rate wasn't great (I know that's something you can lay the blame for onto poor keyword choice & bad content though (aka me!) more so than Adwords). If I was doing it again I'd actually look at advertising on Boards in the Accomodation & Property/Banking forums as an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It's been a few years but I've run Adwords campaigns for a mortgage broker before and, exactly as Ah Yeah says, Oh God, Much Money. It's so hard for a small business to compete in that particular sphere, the cost per click can be huge, and the conversion rate wasn't great (I know that's something you can lay the blame for onto poor keyword choice & bad content though (aka me!) more so than Adwords). If I was doing it again I'd actually look at advertising on Boards in the Accomodation & Property/Banking forums as an alternative

Great, that's great idea. I never though of that! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We've been using Adroll for the last couple of months for doing Facebook + Google Adwords - it's pretty good.
    Though with your vertical it will be expensive

Blacknight wrote: »
    We've been using Adroll for the last couple of months for doing Facebook + Google Adwords - it's pretty good.
    Though with your vertical it will be expensive

Adroll deal specifically in retargeting. OP you will need people already visiting your site in order to use Adroll, as they only target people who have already visited your site.

• Advertisement

Cool.

I actually got a quote from a company. I think it is very reasonable and I think it could work well.

But I am so inexperienced with advertising, I'm just worried about recommending a course of action that could fall flat on its feet.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Cool.

I actually got a quote from a company. I think it is very reasonable and I think it could work well.

But I am so inexperienced with advertising, I'm just worried about recommending a course of action that could fall flat on its feet.

What was the name of the company OP?

Oh I don't want to say. It's not an agency though.

Advertisement