Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miracast

Options
  • 22-08-2014 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭

Has anyone found a good Miracast USB stick that can be used with W8.1 ? I am just sending back an EZCast stick I got yesterday on Amazon, horrendous yoke altogether.

Has anyone had decent success using anything else ? I basically want to be able to a) mirror movies form my tablet and b) mirror my desktop when working

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

PaulieC wrote: »
    Has anyone found a good Miracast USB stick that can be used with W8.1 ? I am just sending back an EZCast stick I got yesterday on Amazon, horrendous yoke altogether.

Has anyone had decent success using anything else ? I basically want to be able to a) mirror movies form my tablet and b) mirror my desktop when working
    Not an immediate solution, but it seems like Microsoft may be testing and getting ready to release just such a device.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

PaulieC wrote: »

Just curious, what's terrible about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Odd article as it says you need a HDMI port which my 8.1 tablet doesnt have but then it says it will work with Windows Phone devices. Not sure how many on the market have a mini-HDMI port???

The HDMI is on the TV, not the source device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

I'm still hoping the Airtame actually happens and is decent, but you might be waiting a while! I love that it would support so many operating systems!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

theothernt wrote: »
    Just curious, what's terrible about it ?

The software is horrible (subjective I know), the setup is finicky, but most of all it didn't actually work. I managed to share my desptop once, but could not cast a movie as the connection kept timing out

• Advertisement
Advertisement