Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs without a date :P

Options
  • 21-08-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Is it ridiculous to go to the debs with two friends? Never asked anyone and to be honest I feel like a right twat going without a date, was asked to go at the start of the year by a friend (girl) yet I rejected for the stupidest of reasons! I somehow feel like Me and the two mates will feel awkward and may be out of place while everyone has a good time with their dates, am I being stupid? It's really turning me off going this Tuesday and I've to make a decision by the end of the day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

GO TO YOUR DEBS!! It's a good night out, loads at mine didn't have dates and the majority of those who did only spent half an hour with the date. I was with mine for the photos and I didn't see him for the rest of the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,607 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I haven't bothered asking anyone, aside from for the photos they don't seem to stay together too long anyway. No reason not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Go to your debs!!
    You've nothing to gain from not going.
    Go and have a laugh enjoy :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Minigocko wrote: »
    Is it ridiculous to go to the debs with two friends? Never asked anyone and to be honest I feel like a right twat going without a date, was asked to go at the start of the year by a friend (girl) yet I rejected for the stupidest of reasons! I somehow feel like Me and the two mates will feel awkward and may be out of place while everyone has a good time with their dates, am I being stupid? It's really turning me off going this Tuesday and I've to make a decision by the end of the day!
    Lots of people don't bring dates these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

People will probably be too drunk anyways to give a sh*t :P Go to your debs, went to mine last night and it was the best night I've ever had...unforgettable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Can you not ask that girl that asked you or does she have another date now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Lots of people don't bring dates these days.

I went to mine on Wednesday and tbh nearly everyone had a date . Id say only one or two people didn't .
    On the bright side op more money for the bar . You don't have to worry about corsages / chocolates etc.....
    In my experience most peoples dates were just there for the photos and then everyone separates into their normals groups as usual. Nothing to worry about .

It's only a fancy sesh tbh .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

7 and a half years since I went to my debs. My girlfriend at the time couldn't travel down the country for it so I went on my own. Got a lot of respect for it on the night, which was a nice surprise. I knew a lot of my friends' dates and we were all able to chat away and take turns dancing and taking photos and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dpat1l

Don't bother going with anyone you're not sure about - I did and it is my only regret about the Debs. I didn't get my photo taken, couldn't make conversation during the meal, and went to the nightclub and spent the night with the lads anyway while she sat with a few girls she knew and that was the end of it. I didn't realise until we arrived, but lots of lads didn't bring dates. Do NOT worry about it, and GO! No questions asked you just have to go to your Debs, cos it'll be the greatest night of the last 6 years :) The only thing you'll have to check when you get there is the seating arrangememts for dinner, cos I stuffed that one up big time :L :) It'll be a great night. Promise! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I went to mine on Wednesday and tbh nearly everyone had a date . Id say only one or two people didn't .

Depends very much on the school, or even the year group tbh. I remember at my Debs there was about a 50:50 split of people who had a date and those who didn't.

I was looking through the photos on FB of this year's debs and pretty much everyone had a date. So, it might be worth asking around and seeing what other people are doing OP, especially if you are the type that could feel uncomfortable being one of the only people who didn't bring anybody.

But, I wouldn't see it as a huge deal if you were to go on your own. Do not, under any circumstance, bring your cousin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement