Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any body who knows about susi grant could you answer this? :D

Options
  • 21-08-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I applied for the SUSI grant and the form was sent off on July 28, it's 4th week now In to the second process... So if I get the grant later will the money that was not given at the start be backed up and repayed or just forgotten about...

Also what are the chances and amounts of me receiving the grant on average if am 18 years old but I am dependent on my parents which who's my father is unemployed for three years and my mothers for 6 months...

Thanks in advice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

I'm in exactly the same situation as yourself. I have even sent off my application on the same day.

Have they got back to you after you suited your application yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ellie2014

You will receive a back payment. First payment is in October, but if your application isn't processed by then you'll get Octobers grant along with Novembers grant (if its monthly)
    It depends what your parents earnings were last year because it goes on the year before, not the present year.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

Yeah the money will be backdated and you will receive a lump sum on the next available payment date. If you are successful in the application.
    The income part of the grant is based on the income of your parents in 2013 but you can add the current situation of your parents in the notes section of the grant application and this will be taken into account when they are assessing your application your grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FreshKayy

DARTH FLOODRICK, I haven't received any Emails or call yet because it's too early if so, with the next two weeks second process should be done so around 12 weeks since 28th July the process will be done,

ELLIE2014,
    My mothers before tax amount was around 5500-6000 euors per annul I presume however my fathers was 430-490 weekly after texes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FreshKayy

Thanks for the replies I am not much confused any more as I was, more clear to me now haha thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Ellie2014

FreshKayy wrote: »
    DARTH FLOODRICK, I haven't received any Emails or call yet because it's too early if so, with the next two weeks second process should be done so around 12 weeks since 28th July the process will be done,

ELLIE2014,
    My mothers before tax amount was around 5500-6000 euors per annul I presume however my fathers was 430-490 weekly after texes

I'd be almost 100% sure that you'll qualify for a grant, not sure how much though!, I'm not that clued up on it unfortunately. It's a very confusing system. Good luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

Thanks for the replies I am not much confused any more as I was, more clear to me now haha thanks

Hi, i would advise that you google your questions! If you google income thresholds for SUSI grant and the corresponding rates of payments ie. Special rate, 100%, 75% etc. Whether you will get the fee component, maintenance component or both.

There is a wealth of info online via SUSI, Social Welfare, Citizen Information websites ... you will get all your answers there!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I applied for the SUSI grant and the form was sent off on July 28, it's 4th week now In to the second process... So if I get the grant later will the money that was not given at the start be backed up and repayed or just forgotten about...

Also what are the chances and amounts of me receiving the grant on average if am 18 years old but I am dependent on my parents which who's my father is unemployed for three years and my mothers for 6 months...

Thanks in advice...

They pay from October onwards.

Your chances should be good.

The thing is though they base their income assessment on 2013 income so they will count your Mothers 2013 income. If there is a significant drop in her 2014 income then you should notify SUSI that there is a change in circumstances.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement