Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

my requirements for an Android phone

• 21-08-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there I'm pretty much a fan of these China phones off ebay, had a couple of them and for the price they have been really good but I wonder if I can find my ideal phone with the features I want for the price I want to pay?

I want:

• 5" IPS Screen
    • Notification LED at top of phone in full colours, not just red, green or Blue LED
    • Ideally 1gb RAM (most probably expecting too much, most have 512mb)
    • At least Dual core (quad core even better)
    • 3G
    • Not too worried about ambient light sensor
    • A decent 5 megapixel camera on the back, good (not Grainy) in low light with LED Flash (even better a Xenon flash and a separate LED) a Macro setting and at least 1megapixel front facing camera.
    • decent stereo speakers built in (i know im asking for too much!)
    • priced around 80euro :eek:
    The present Android phone I have (which I bought for 80euro off ebay) has:

• White SGS4 lookalikey
    • 5" IPS screen
    • No Notification LED whatsoever
    • 512MB RAM (keeps running out of space for apps even though I g-parted the SD card and transferred stuff over onto the SD card)
    • Dual Core MTK
    • 3G (on one sim slot)
    • Ambient light sensor
    • a 5megapixel camera at back, Grainy in low light, no macro mode (close ups are blurry) mediocre 1 LED flash, VGA front facing camera.
    • only 1, not very loud tinny speaker at back.
    I am figuring there is a china phone out there with the spec's I want (however not at 80euro I doubt lol) ... or maybe theres not. although I havent seen yet a china phone with stereo speakers on a 5" screen and not seen one with 1GB ram and definately not one with xenon flash (which would be cool)

Advertisement