Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Marathon 2014 and St John Ambulance

Options
  • 21-08-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

Thanks to the mod team on Athletics/Running for allowing me to put up a post here.

I have been a member of St John Ambulance for over 14 years. You might recognise our black and white uniforms at running events across the country and more recently you will have seen us working at the Dublin City marathons.

This year we have been chosen as one of the Charity partners for the SSE Airtricity Dublin Marathon 2014. By choosing to run and fund-raise for us you gain many benefits such as free entry, support for your fundraising, access to a VIP tent post-race and as St John Ambulance goody bag.

Please visit our homepage http://stjohn.ie/home and at the top you will see our banner for the Marathon. Clicking that will bring you to our information page and from there, you can click to register for the Marathon and set up your MyCharity.ie fund-raising page.

On the form you can pick the division nearest to your home or you can pick National Headquarters as the division.

All funds raised will go entirely towards the purchase of vital life-saving equipment so we can continue to provide the service we have provided to the people of Ireland for over 110 years.

We rely entirely on the support of the generous public to keep our organisation going and we hope that some of you will run for us. If any of you frequent Facebook, we regularly share information about the Marathon on our page here https://www.facebook.com/stjohn.ie

I would appreciate if you could forward this message (or at least our web page link) to any friends/family/acquaintances who you think would be interested in running for us.

Thank you

John

Advertisement