Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who pays for alterations?

Options
  • 21-08-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's okay for me to offer to pay for my alterations to my bridesmaid dress. The bride is buying the dress.

The reason being is that were buying the dresses shortly and the weddings next April. I'm dropping weight quite quickly (about a size 14/16) now and I was an 18 a month ago. I feel if will be a inconvenience on the bride if I keep losing weight and have her pay for alterations but I'm not sure if it's the done thing to offer! I'd be much happier to pay for them myself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

When is the wedding itself. If it is not till next year etc. may be too soon to start making alterations to the dress in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

When is the wedding itself. If it is not till next year etc. may be too soon to start making alterations to the dress in any case.

The wedding is next April! I've never done the bridesmaid thing before so I have no idea when alterations are done or how long they take!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Musefan wrote: »
    The wedding is next April! I've never done the bridesmaid thing before so I have no idea when alterations are done or how long they take!

The alterations shouldn't take long, maybe two weeks depending how busy the seamstress is. If you are losing weight then the closer to the wedding the better. Bear in mind there is a limit to the number of sizes a dress can be taken in. If it was me I'd wait another while before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I got my bridesmaid dresses altered one week before our wedding and they were ready in 2 days, so its way too early to be worrying about them now !!

Advertisement