Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primary subbing without S.C.G irish?

• 21-08-2014 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I did my primary training over in the Uk and completed my probation year in 2013. I have just got my full registration with the teaching council here but I need to apply to do the SCG irish exam in the next year.

My question is, do you think I would get a lot of subbing work if I don't have my Irish completed?

Also, has anyone gone through the SCG? If so, how difficult is it and would it be realistic to complete within the year?

Thanks!!
    Amy

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

One of my grinds students did it last year. She got a good bit of subbing but she said it was because she had signed up to the exam so principals at least knew she was working on her Irish at the time.

It is a hard exam. My student worked on her grammar a lot and went to two Gaeltacht courses run by Marino in which she got a lot of hints as to what would come up. She did a lot of past papers and had about 10 pages of homework done for me every week - reading comps, grammar, writing and learning bits for the oral. It's definitely doable but get a grinds teacher who has taught the SCG before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

I can second everything Dory has said.
    It is doable but get a good grinds teacher.

Advertisement