Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shredder/chipper

Options
  • 21-08-2014 9:14am

Maybe I should ask this in farming and forestry but I would like to know what the pro gardeners or tree surgeons use.

My Brother and I are going to tidy up a farm hasn't been used in 5 years and probably hasn't been maintained in at least 15. We want to cut back some hedges and trees that are really overgrown this autumn. We were interested in buying a good shredder/chipper that could deal with branches up to 3-4 inches.

Any recommendations and what price? We would be willing to pay for a pro one as nearly every field has hedges to be maintained every year so we want something that would last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭rje66

would you not be better off to hire in a guy with a tractor and hedge trimmer to do it. It will look a bit messy at first but will grow back and look fine in a season or two.

Advertisement