Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High level

Options
  • 20-08-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I tried searching for answer to my questions but couldn't locate them.

The task is to level a garden. For some reason my back garden has a 'hump' right in the middle. Not sure what's underneath it, but my both neighbours have flat gardens. I live only one year in the house so can't confirm what could it be.

My plan is to rent a rotovator, level it and.... yes, this sounds easy.

- Some say I should first kill all the weed, spraying the lawn. Is that a must?
    - When is the best time/season to do it?
    - Does the soil need to be dry befor using rotovator?
    - Shall I seed the grass once done? Any particular type to use?

What are your other hints and tips for such job. I do not want to mess such easy thing up.

Any constructive answers are welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Check for dead bodies?

If it's grass being turned over, and grass going down again, then no need to kill it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 selsun

Hah, better not. Thanks
    I dug out a small hole, shovel deep but didn't meet any bones or construction debris. Don't expect electricity cables in here either.

Any clue when is the best time to do it? Before/after the winter?

Advertisement