Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast set up prob

Options
  • 20-08-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭

Was setting it up and it comes up on my tv. But then the app leads me to this page
    https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3438461

All I've got is an ipad soim not sure if there is any way I can make adjustment to the router remotely without the need for a laptop and cable wire ? My router is a Cisco, standard router provided by UPC about 3 years back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was setting it up and it comes up on my tv. But nthe app leads me to this page 19https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3438461

All I've got is an ipad soim not sure if there is any way I can make adjustment to the router remotely without the need for a laptop and cable wire ? My router is a Cisco, standard router provided by UPC about 3 years back.

you should be able to log onto to your router with the ipad , in your browser by going to 192.168.1.1 , if that doesnt open it just google your models numbers I.P address. I dont your the first to have issues with the UPC router and a chromecast think it was a channel number for frequency setting that clashes, if i find the post ill link it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's grand now, it just began working by itself. Though I didn't know that you can't download the Chrome browser cast extension to cast web pages, apparently it's not supported on iOS. Luckily I plan on migrating to an android tablet in a few weeks so I will get full use out of the chromecast then

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Maybe get a nexus device so you can mirror the screen if you so choose. Most (all?) non-nexus devices fail to support screen mirroring to the CC. Something to keep in mind anyway.

Advertisement