Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Adobe Premier Pro and fonts

Options
  • 20-08-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

When writing the title / credits for a movie

does Premier Pro allow you to use Irish (or French) letters like á é ú etc.

I would have assumed that Adobe would let you use any fonts you've downloaded for Windows / OSX?

The reason I'm asking is that someone I'm paying to make a video says she cannot write the names in Irish.
    i.e. Seán would simply be Sean

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - seemed the most appropriate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

When writing the title / credits for a movie

does Premier Pro allow you to use Irish (or French) letters like á é ú etc.

I would have assumed that Adobe would let you use any fonts you've downloaded for Windows / OSX?

The reason I'm asking is that someone I'm paying to make a video says she cannot write the names in Irish.
    i.e. Seán would simply be Sean

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - seemed the most appropriate

I does indeed you should no problem inserting those into title text. To me, it sounds like someone doesn't know how to do it and is making excuses...

Here's a title generator in PP with a selection of accents.

Wjz2pS8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

11811 wrote: »
    To me, it sounds like someone doesn't know how to do it and is making excuses...

Thanks

This is what I suspected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

if the font set is installed on the system it can be used in the Title tool of Premiere Pro. Whats not immediately obvious is how it's done! The Operating system Character Map can be used and the keystroke can be applied to produce the required character.

You can use Alt and whatever the numeric value of the character is.

For example to type an accented e you would hold the alt key down and type 0233 = é

Be sure to use the numeric keypad, and not the numbers at the top of the keyboard.
    An easier way is copy and paste from a word processor or even notepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Some fonts don't allow accented letters, but almost always have an accent you can use, so that can be typed on its own and moved to sit just above the letter, e.g. the 'a' in Seán. I downloaded a font from dafont and had to do that for some short film titles.

And it was easy to figure out and do. Took all of an extra minute or two.

You should probably pay someone who has common sense and/or logic and/or skills in future.

You should probably pay someone who has common sense and/or logic and/or skills in future.

Thanks,

It's a wedding video so hopefully the need won't arise :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Even if the font can't do accents I don't see why they'd tell you they wouldn't do it, they could just make up the text in something like photoshop, put the accents in as a picture and export it back out to premiere, you wouldn't know the difference.

Where there's a will there's a way, it's clear here that there's no will.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

i think the easy keyboard shortcut is ctrl + alt Gr + whatever. áéíóú

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Hordak

Tell them to write it in MS Word and copy & paste it in, if they can't figure it out.

Alt Gr + A = á.
    Alt Gr + E = é.

etc.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've passed on all the suggestions to the photographer / videographer.

I've to wait a couple of more week to see how she gets on with this. Very busy apparently :rolleyes:

Advertisement