Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs and registration

Options
  • 20-08-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey, so basically my registration is on the 16th, but I also have a debs to go to on the 16th, is it possible at all to register the next day? Who would I talk to about this? I don't really mind having to go to registration on the 16th, I'd just have feck all time to get home and get ready afterwards :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Hey, so basically my registration is on the 16th, but I also have a debs to go to on the 16th, is it possible at all to register the next day? Who would I talk to about this? I don't really mind having to go to registration on the 16th, I'd just have feck all time to get home and get ready :P

No.

Although of the first 3 days two are optional, one is required if you want to get into your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

GarIT wrote: »
    No.

Although of the first 3 days two are optional, one is required if you want to get into your course.
    Damn, thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

To give a better explanation you can, if you have a death in the family or are moving to Ireland from abroad they will accommodate you. But not for a debs, about 50% of students have a debs around registration time, they have to just get it done with, usually it is early enough in the day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

There's a slot for late registration for 1st year undergraduates on October 1st at 10 am... however, they very clearly say: "There will be a fine of €100 for any student who fails to make their assigned slot." If you leave it till the 1st of October, since that's not your assigned slot, you could be seriously out of pocket.

https://www.nuim.ie/records/student-registration

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hey, so basically my registration is on the 16th, but I also have a debs to go to on the 16th, is it possible at all to register the next day? Who would I talk to about this? I don't really mind having to go to registration on the 16th, I'd just have feck all time to get home and get ready afterwards :P

The order of your registration days is really important (I worked it for three years). The main things you cannot miss are your registration time (That's when you officially become a student and get your card etc). Everything else, once you let them know in advance (call the Students' Union), you should be able to join another group for your tours etc. I've had people in my group who come half ready to registration, added bonus is ya look great in your photo! :D

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    The order of your registration days is really important (I worked it for three years). The main things you cannot miss are your registration time (That's when you officially become a student and get your card etc). Everything else, once you let them know in advance (call the Students' Union), you should be able to join another group for your tours etc. I've had people in my group who come half ready to registration, added bonus is ya look great in your photo! :D
    So there's absolutely no chance whatsoever? Like I couldn't go the day before or something?

For your registration, you either go to your assigned slot or you pay a fine (may be €100). Ring the Students' Union and ask them can you change it. You can't just turn up on another registration day. Your groups are done in a specific order.

I just emailed the student record and registration office about it, I was told that I can attend the late registration in October without having to pay the fine

Problem solved so! You won't get a student card until then, so you won't be able to use the library or get access to controlled rooms.

UPDATE: went in today and asked and was allowed to register no problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement