Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with fan control speeds

Options
  • 20-08-2014 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I just put two corsair sp 120 high performance fan into my case and I have been trying to sort out the speeds with speed fan the problem is the name on the fan headers don't correspond with those on the mobo and the fans don't speed up with the temp curve I set on the program for example I have the exhaust fan that came with the case connected to the the pwr pin and the two sp 120's connected to cha fan 1 and 2 and a stock cpu cooler connected to cpu, on speedfan they are listed as sys fan, cpu fan, aux fan 1, aux fan 2 and one of the sp 120s is being picked up as the sys fan and the fan that came with the case is being picked up as a aux fan. I was just wondering if the mobo fan control is overiding speed fan because the fans won't speed up. My head is melted and I was wondering if anyone can help me out, If you could it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I would post screen shots if I could link but boards wont let me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What's the mobo? If your mobo has a management utility try that, or at wort the bios. Speedfan is good but its generic so it won't interpret everything correctly.

Also there's PWM and voltage control options. If you have pwm headers you want pwm fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

my mobo is the asrock b75 pro 3, I can lower my fan speeds in the bios but the haves have different levels and the lowest level has them running at 1450 rpm which is still a bit too loud, I don't have a management utility with the mobo either. Should I buy a hardware fan controller and if so which would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I just use one of these hidden within the case.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006Z8LB6S/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Its fitted reversed into the drive bay so I pop the door off to adjust it and the leds light my CPU cooler not look cheesy on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Pretty much all fan controllers will only run the fan between 50% and 100% of its max speed. If 50% speed is still too high then you need to get slower/quieter fans.

Advertisement