Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which subject to pick up whilst repeating the LC

Options
  • 20-08-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Fecked up my LC and CAO, 345 points with an E in HL Maths, and a purely Computer Science CAO, so I'll be repeating in Rathmines this year.

I'm hoping to do Maths, French, Physics, Chemistry, Technology again, along with one new subject and LCVP in Rathmines, leaving out Irish (OC3) and English (HD1) as I've met the requirements with those and I'd imagine English would be difficult to repeat due to the change of poets and texts.

What would be the ideal subject to take up in 1 year so I'm still doing a 6 subject LC ? I've heard a few good things about Economics, which would suit as I did Business for the JC and enjoyed it, just disliked the teacher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Business for LC might be okay for you too. It's not overly difficult but has a lot of rote learning!

While it's a big course, Biology might suit you. It'd be tough to cover in a year but if you didn't have to put as much time into your other subjects (having done them already), it might be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AMG999222

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Business for LC might be okay for you too. It's not overly difficult but has a lot of rote learning!

While it's a big course, Biology might suit you. It'd be tough to cover in a year but if you didn't have to put as much time into your other subjects (having done them already), it might be an option?

I think its business or economics at this stage, Bio wasn't ever a strong point and with the big course content and lack of experiments it may be difficult to catch up. Thanks for the input !

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

AMG999222 wrote: »
    I think its business or economics at this stage, Bio wasn't ever a strong point and with the big course content and lack of experiments it may be difficult to catch up. Thanks for the input !

I sent you a pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Fecked up my LC and CAO, 345 points with an E in HL Maths, and a purely Computer Science CAO, so I'll be repeating in Rathmines this year.

I'm hoping to do Maths, French, Physics, Chemistry, Technology again, along with one new subject and LCVP in Rathmines, leaving out Irish (OC3) and English (HD1) as I've met the requirements with those and I'd imagine English would be difficult to repeat due to the change of poets and texts.

What would be the ideal subject to take up in 1 year so I'm still doing a 6 subject LC ? I've heard a few good things about Economics, which would suit as I did Business for the JC and enjoyed it, just disliked the teacher.

Im after repeating this year and took Business up. I had no teacher, no grinds or anything. Didn't break my balls at it and came out with a HC3 so..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulway

First of all well done on accepting your position and putting a plan in place to do better. If your doing Maths and Physics and have an interest in Computer Science have a look at Applied Maths - go to a book shop of get hold of the applied maths book and have a look at the chapters - you might be surprised at how many of the topics will be somewhat familiar to you. Good luck - work hard - different frame of mind - prob. last chance - dont often here of someone repeating twice. Head down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I think its business or economics

What grade would you require in the subject? I did business and I think it's a very good subject for a C or B grade if that's what you're after. It's all theory and if you know the content you'll get a decent grade. There is nothing which is difficult to understand at all, it's very straightforward.

However, if you're looking for an A, it's a bad subject to do I think. The questions are very vague at times, and it's very difficult to get full marks. I viewed my script yesterday and I had a bunch of 18/20 questions with no explanation as to where I lost marks.

In conclusion, business is good for 60-80 points. Not good for 90-100.

Advertisement