Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingston Hill

Options
  • 20-08-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

The story of this horse plays out like a comedy sketch. Once again He is withdrawn. If Roger wants ROCK HARD FAST GROUND He better send the horse out of Europe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

The story of this horse plays out like a comedy sketch. Once again He is withdrawn. If Roger wants ROCK HARD FAST GROUND He better send the horse out of Europe.

He doesn't want rock hard fast ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

He doesn't want rock hard fast ground.

Well what does he want ? Good ground ? soft ground ? the Announcer on RUK just said Rodger pulled him out because the ground is to quick. The Eclipse ground was to Soft today the going is to fast what does he want ?

The Eclipse was too quick he wants softer ground. It was very soft when he won the RP Trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

he wants a bit of cut.I personally think he would have been vulnerable today anyway.

The Eclipse was too quick he wants softer ground. It was very soft when he won the RP Trophy

In the Derby He ran a creditable race. and that was bordering fast ground. Hats off to the owners who must be very patient people. not just with the horse but also with the trainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Well what does he want ? Good ground ? soft ground ? the Announcer on RUK just said Rodger pulled him out because the ground is to quick. The Eclipse ground was to Soft today the going is to fast what does he want ?

The ground at Sandown Eclipse day was like a road. Horse didnt like it so he pulled him today as it was fast again. His best form without doubt is with some juice in the ground.

My favorite summer drama continues to unfold today as Roger Varian threatened to pull Kingston Hill out of the St.leger if the ground isn't watered. this is unfair to the others who are expected to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hats off to the owners who must be very patient people. not just with the horse but also with the trainer.

The owner is prob not overly bothered, he's too busy getting into pictures with every G1 Aidan O'Brien has for his Dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

Unless the ground is so fast as to be unsafe there's no way they should water. If the trainer is only willing to run the horse under his ideal conditions that's fair enough but he'll just have to wait for those conditions to come along. Some horses would rather it like a road. Why should they all be inconvenienced tomorrow for the sake of one horse?

It will be an absolute disgrace if they water. Going by quotes by the clerk it doesn't sound like they will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The horse ran the race of his life in The Derby, and that was quick ground. The owners would be mad to pull him out of tomorrow's Leger.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

I think its time to switch this horse to National Hunt racing, if he likes soft ground so much he'll bloody love cheltenham, sandown etc etc around Christmas time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Confirmed runner according to RP twitter

Must have a great chance tomorrow. 3/1 is a very fair price for a horse who only finished just over a length behind Australia at Epsom. This could've been a much tougher race if the likes of Eagle Top and Postponed had turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

7/2 looks a great price

really should be winning this on his derby run and looking past most of these
    myself with the exception of romsdal possibly
    tomorrow or never surely

mailburner wrote: »
    7/2 looks a great price

really should be winning this on his derby run and looking past most of these
    myself with the exception of romsdal possibly
    tomorrow or never surely

The only worry I have is that Varian's left him undercooked since the Eclipse. They really should've run him in the Great Voltigeur. If he gets beat tomorrow, the fault will lie with Roger Varian for adopting too cautious an approach. He really should beat this lot in his stride.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Money back in 2nd or 3rd in PP surely worth a decent bet he will surely be placed at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Money back in 2nd or 3rd in PP surely worth a decent bet he will surely be placed at least.

No max stake to this offer i take it?If not it is flaming lumpage bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

mohican22 wrote: »
    No max stake to this offer i take it?If not it is flaming lumpage bet

Max €50 refund as a free bet

Great offer from PP. I'm surprised they didn't pick the Portland for the money back offer.

• Advertisement

9/4

liking this

that'll do

Jaysus, he left it late enough!

Jaysus, he left it late enough!

didn't think he'd get there two out myself

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ladeeen