Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot Braking system Faulty

Options
  • 20-08-2014 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I have a Peugeot 307 hdi 1.6 if you have look at the pics this is the problem I have anytime I'm driving the car . Brake fluid levels are ok and brake pads and discs are fine Handbrake is fine also.

Any suggestions to a solution fire away.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SIX PACK wrote: »
    I have a Peugeot 307 hdi 1.6 if you have look at the pics this is the problem I have anytime I'm driving the car . Brake fluid levels are ok and brake pads and discs are fine Handbrake is fine also.

Thanks

Seems to be a faulty sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Anyone with previous experience as to which sensor it might be? I was thinking of Replacing the Brake Fluid Master cylinder and see if that works but. Scrap yard were looking for €50 which I taught was a bit steep especially if that doesn't cure the problem. Diagnostic test was just showing up Brake fluid low but the warning is still coming up with that annoying beeping noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Any OBD scanner should tell you which wheel it is.

When we checked fault codes it was just brake fluid level check showing up. So got all the old brake fluid flushed out and replaced with new. Brake Explanation light keeps popping up.
    Must be one of the wheel abs sensors getting it checked by a fella today he refers to himself as a French Car Expert.
    Will post results later :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Did you pull the plug from bottom of brake fluid reservoir and spray both male and female ends with contact/switch cleaner? Surely if it was ABS sensor you would get particular code saying right or left! Anyway just a thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Common enough for ABS sensors to fail. As above make sure the brake fluid sensor conection is intact. By scanning the body control module, your French expert should be able to tell if it is an ABS sensor on a short test drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

If the light comes on after you move off its usually a sensor.

Corrosion builds up behind the rear sensors which increases the gap causing a faulty reading.

The sensors need to be removed and clean behind them.

ardle1 wrote: »
    Did you pull the plug from bottom of brake fluid reservoir and spray both male and female ends with contact/switch cleaner? Surely if it was ABS sensor you would get particular code saying right or left! Anyway just a thought...

Where can I buy that stuff? It's definitely the Brake fluid master cylinder rreservoir gonna try that contact switch cleaner. If it don't work ill have to get my hands on a new reservoir.

ardle1 wrote: »

Where can I buy that stuff? It's definitely the Brake fluid master cylinder rreservoir gonna try that contact switch cleaner. If it don't work ill have to get my hands on a new reservoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Any Electrical supply shop or Maplin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Thanks

long shot - but seen it b4 - might be the same on yours :

under the carpet near the front of the drivers door / your RH heel when driving there's a few block connectors

( maybe they exist because of Left-hand-drive/ right-hand-drive stuff ???? )

this area can get wet and stay wet cos of the soundproofing

the connectors corrode and cause all sorts of havoc

sometimes a new sensor will seem to fix a problem because it is borderline

Problem Solved got my hands on a different brake fluid master cylinder bottle in scrap yard for tenner (the one with the sensor) got my trusty mechanic to fit it and no more lights popping up on dash
    happy days
    The problem was last bottle was contaminated wrong fluid

Advertisement