Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Parts Advice

Options
  • 20-08-2014 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hello about to get stuff together for a new build. Question i have is most people buy from Hardwareversand.de which i used to configure a self build. Trouble is i trawled everywhere for price comparison sites using Uk and German ones. I found geizhals the best but i need to order from lots of different companies for the best deal.
    Example the monitor i'm getting is a Dell UltraSharp U2412M which is priced at €224 excl Shipping from a Uk company its €239 from Hardwareversand exl Shipping. So my point is would i be better getting it all from Hardware like alot of you guys or pick from seperate companies?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's not unusual for some places to have certain types of products cheaper. I'd buy for them all if it works out cheaper with shipping factored in, so long as they're reputable enough.
    For builds we recommend, we just have the one place as we're not going to chase down every cent as it takes too much time.
    Sometimes I'd order from the same place just for convenience and saving research time if it's just a small difference.

Advertisement