Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump Problem

Options
  • 20-08-2014 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi people,

I replaced a shower pump in my house the weekend, straight swap 1.5 bar positive head pump for another 1.5 bar positive head pump but I have been having some issues since. The latest issue is that the pump does not start up when I switch on the shower but if I go to the hotpress and hold the switch on the power box half way it gets going and then stays running for the duration of the shower. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

What make and model is the pump?
    Is the switch on the pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thegodfather

Grundfos 1.5Bar Twin Regenerative Positive, no the switch is on the wall wire runs from that to the pump

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Its unlikely the pump is the problem, most likely its the switch.
    To establish one or the other, disconnect the pump from the switch and put a plug on the cable. Plug in the pump to an extension cable and plug into a socket somewhere.
    If the pump operates trouble free its the switch, and if the pump still gives trouble contact the suppliers for a warranty call out.
    Do Not open the pump as this will invalidate the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thegodfather

Thanks for your response, will try that out!

Advertisement