Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S3 help

Options
  • 20-08-2014 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Phone was acting up, draining the battery in 3 hours, friend wanted to help and pushed the factory reset! Ugh. It looks like most things were saved to "my local profile" what's is this??? I thought everything was saved to gmail account, but I guess I don't know how to check to see I'd my stuff is there. I looked under my contacts while signed in to gmail account but I don't see anything there. My cell provider set everything for me 2 years ago when I got the phone.
    The phone is used 90% for work, I need it fixed asap. I went to the back up under settings and nothing happened. Yes I'm new to android and smartphones. Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

alohasadie wrote: »
    Phone was acting up, draining the battery in 3 hours, friend wanted to help and pushed the factory reset! Ugh. It looks like most things were saved to "my local profile" what's is this??? I thought everything was saved to gmail account, but I guess I don't know how to check to see I'd my stuff is there. I looked under my contacts while signed in to gmail account but I don't see anything there. My cell provider set everything for me 2 years ago when I got the phone.
    The phone is used 90% for work, I need it fixed asap. I went to the back up under settings and nothing happened. Yes I'm new to android and smartphones. Please help.

I think "My Local Profile" is just your own contact details, it wouldn't contain anything else. If you didn't have things like contacts and other important info. syncing remotely with, say, your google account, then I'm not sure that you're going to find those files anywhere else. Soz.:(

Advertisement