Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble Finding Winston Red Kings?

• 20-08-2014 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone else here smoke Winston Reds? I thought Tesco stocked them, but after dropping in to buy a pack yesterday I was informed that they didn't have any.

I ended up getting B&Hs instead, but I'd prefer to have Winston's in future, and was wondering if anyone else buys them regularly, and if I just need to visit a different Tescos. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

They aren't a massively popular brand in our shop anyway, but I do have an Eastern European lad who always wants the superking blue ones.

If you call into you're local newsagents and ask them to order you a carton in I'm sure they will oblige. They'll appreciate the business and you'll get a better chance of them doing so than the likes of Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I've noticed with some uncommon brands you'll need to practically force them to look before they'll admit they stock them, as the cashier often doesn't know they stock them. Of course this doesn't mean every Tesco is going to stock them, but I'd definitely ask them to check next time if you didn't do that already. I always have to do that whenever I'm in the mood for a pack of Player's Navy Cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

The display ban really is a pain the rear end for this, especially for staff.

Advertisement