Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Kitten/Cat Advertisments

Options
  • 19-08-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi, I just wanted to post a warning to anyone looking to purchase a pedigree kitten/cat. I have had a close call with someone selling on Ideals.ie claiming to be trying to re-home her Ragdoll kitten as she had 'personal issues'. We sent emails back and forth and the gist of it was that she had cancer and was no longer living in Leitrim as advertised (when I agreed to go collect the kitten), but was in the UK. She could ship the kitten to me for a fee of €350 however it would need to be sent to a Western Union account. On researching 'cat scam's' I found there are a lot of similar incidents involving Cameroonians and it is fairly common. This same person has numerous ad's on ideals, but also has started advertising on Donedeal.ie. If you go through the advertisements for Ragdoll Kittens and other pedigree cats you will see that the same name/number is being used and descriptions for multiple animals and locations. No-one could possibly be selling this many cats/breeds! I would just hate to think someone elderly could be duped into believing it was a genuine cat seller. Be careful and always insist on viewing your kitten/cat before buying. Postnote: I was lucky and found a beautiful Ragdoll kitten on Donedeals.ie.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hmmm.
    Caveat emptor. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement