Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 week scan

Options
  • 19-08-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey everyone I'm 21 weeks since yesterday and have the 20 week scan this Thursday in university hospital Waterford. Just wondering how long this takes and also do they check other things apart from scan. Also do you need a full bladder for it? All advice and help appreciated, it's our first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Hi, I had my scan a few weeks ago, this is my first too do it's all new to me too. I'm in cork so it might be different. I didn't need a full bladder. It too maybe a half an hour and the girl who did it talked us through it saying everything was normal as she looked at the different baby parts. She couldn't see a few things so I had to go back and all was well. They only did the scan at this appointment, nothing else. Good luck

quote="er1983;91807158"]Hey everyone I'm 21 weeks since yesterday and have the 20 week scan this Thursday in university hospital Waterford. Just wondering how long this takes and also do they check other things apart from scan. Also do you need a full bladder for it? All advice and help appreciated, it's our first[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Exactly what margo said. It will take 20-40mins in total and they will try to get all measurements such as brain head tummy leg bone( whatever it's called) check heart bloodflow etc... If the baby is not cooperating they might ask you to take a cold drink and walk around for a bit or they might just get you to come back in 2-4 weeks. Good luck!

Advertisement