Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easiest way to wire a Wireless room stat to Stanley range Oil Boiler?

Options
  • 19-08-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there what would be the easiest way to wire in this RF receiver:

digistat_rf.jpg
    To this Stanley 80k Brandon Oil Fired Range:

rps20140819_164543_540.jpg

Also I see in the control panel Door it has a hot Water only and Water & Radiators selector switch, can it be wired into that?:

selector_switch.jpg

Also where would I find this Brandon Wiring block? is it at the bottom of the range behind the front kick plate? - would it be more ideal to wire up the RF unit to the wiring block?

brwiring.jpg

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

Yes, it should be connected to the terminals behind the kick plate.

The normally open contacts of the relay on the Drayton receiver should be connected between terminals 4 & 9, assuming the Drayton will be in use as a room thermostat. It takes the place of the Room Stat shown on the Brandon circuit diagram.

You should expect to find a link in place already between terminals 4 and 9, if not there is probably a room thermostat already in the house and you need to sort that out before going any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

nmacc wrote: »
    Yes, it should be connected to the terminals behind the kick plate.

The normally open contacts of the relay on the Drayton receiver should be connected between terminals 4 & 9, assuming the Drayton will be in use as a room thermostat. It takes the place of the Room Stat shown on the Brandon circuit diagram.

You should expect to find a link in place already between terminals 4 and 9, if not there is probably a room thermostat already in the house and you need to sort that out before going any further.

thanks for that - and the terminal block is behind bottom kick plate at the floor?, can you tell me which side please left or right hand looking face on at the range? - or is it where the lock-out lights/switches are for the boiler and oven? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

IIRC it's behind the panel with the cut-outs which I think is the one on the right.

Large cross-head screws. Be warned, when putting the panel back on, don't tighten any of the screws until they are all in. It can be a bugger to get the plate aligned correctly so that all of the screws will go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

nmacc wrote: »
    IIRC it's behind the panel with the cut-outs which I think is the one on the right.

Large cross-head screws. Be warned, when putting the panel back on, don't tighten any of the screws until they are all in. It can be a bugger to get the plate aligned correctly so that all of the screws will go in.

Many thanks to you for all your help nmacc http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=38094 - but I tackled the job today and decided to wire it in between the actuator wiring for the 2 port valve for the radiator circuit today inside the hot press instead of the Stanley Range wiring block because it was much easier to access the wiring and tidier to put the wireless receiver into the hot press. Again thanks for your help and taking the time to answer, really appreciated.

Advertisement