Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is LC Accounting?

Options
  • 19-08-2014 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am going into fifth year next month. I did Biology for fourth year but absolutely hated it so am thinking of switching over to accounting for fifth and sixth year, to do it for my LC.

How hard is it compared to Higher Level Biology? Would I have missed much of the course by not doing it in fourth year?

I am in Ord. Level maths.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Louiseh714

Hi I don't think you can really compare one subject with another because what one person might find easy another might find it difficult. I actually did biology and accounting for the LC this year and got A's in both. I also did ord level maths and didn't struggle with accounting, it really doesn't matter your level of maths. I didn't do accounting in TY so you defiantly won't be behind.My advice though is to choose subjects you will enjoy because you will find them easier. If you need any more advice don't hesitate to ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I loved accounting, it was my favourite subject to study because you didnt have to learn reams of pages of information off.. all you can do is practice questions and theyre very repetetive. The only thing about accounting is that you need to put the time in if you want to do well, questions take between 30mins to 1hr (depending on the type of question) sometimes even more time if youre trying to get your head around a topic. But once you put the time in its really easy to do well in.
    I dont do biology but have a few friends that do, apparently the marking scheme is pretty harsh and its tough to do well in, and the course is realllllyyyy long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Thanks for all the posts and comments guys.

What I hated about biology was all the information you had to read and learn off, it was very difficult (for me anyway)

@Louise - did you have to catch up when you missed accounting in TY or were you ok? Is the maths part easy enough once you have a calculator? Is it just the basics; addition, subtraction, multiplication, division?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Louiseh714

I my school we didn't actually do accounting in TY so we were all on the same level starting in fifth year. I had an amazing teacher who covered the course pretty fast which left me with a lot of time to revise all the questions. Yes all you need for the maths is a calculator, it is just basics

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

Accounting is a 2 year course which is meant for 5th and 6th year so you shouldn't have to catch. The first bit is JC business accounts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement