Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to trade in engagement ring?

Options
  • 19-08-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    I recently acquired an engagement ring(for use sometime in the not too distant future)
    I don't particularly like the ring but the stones were exceptional and I got too good a deal to let it slip through my fingers.
    Anyway I've had the ring valued by a v.reputable Jeweller at 5K and I also got a quote from them on changing the setting and redoing the ring that would come in at @800.
    I'm just wondering though does anyone know if it would be possible to trade in the current ring for store credit against a new ring that my potential fiancé would be able to choose herself?
    Obviously I know I wouldn't get the 5k as a trade in value, but does Anyone know if Jewellers offer this option?(preferably in the Limerick area)
    And if so what kind of value is usually expected on the trade in?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I was looking for similar, but didn't find anything. Limerick area also. €800 seems like a good price to rework the ring though, especially if you love the stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've had the quote for reworking it from Topaz whom I've had dealings with before and always been happy with so I shall be going with them to have the work done.
    I suppose I was hoping against hope for a Ring trade-in/exchange offering, but I suppose it may not be a viable option with businesses needing to protect their margins and all that.

Advertisement