Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint peeling on outside walls.

Options
  • 19-08-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all. My house is fairly old, with probably 15_20 coats of paint on the exterior walls over the years. Ovcer time some of the paint started to bubble up/peel off. We recently got a dog an she has decided to chip off any bit of the paint she can get at, namely around the plint and windowsills. What I am left with is patches around the house of different layers of paint, which is quite unsghtly. I could just paint over them but I think it will look bad as you will still be able to see the outline of where the paint was chipped away due to the paint being at all different levels. I have asked around in paint shops and even a couple of painters in work but no one has been able to tell me anything other than "There isn't a whole lot you can do with it! There must be something I can do!!

Anyone have any ideas? Is powerwashing the best method? Replastering ( which I'd rather avoid)? Some sort of a filler? All help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

You could get the Wall Sand Blasted, guaranteed to remove all the paint, then just paint again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A good power washer should do the trick, then wirebrush the walls and give it a good coat of stabiliser.

Advertisement