Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting help with adwords

Options
  • 19-08-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I have a website and it generates most traffic through google adwords, its brings in a bit of revenue and the profit is ok after the cost of adwords. My problem is I don't think I'm using it correctly and in turn not maximizing my profit and wasting my time on pointless keywords.

So my question is can you get a tutor of some sort to teach you or can someone point me in the direction of some excellent online material.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinwp

Too few information given to give you proper advice.

Do you track conversions?

Check what keywords bring you money and eliminate the ones that are waste. If you have proper tracking and been running campaign for a while you will have the data.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

There are online tutorials for adwords available and Google's are fairly comprehensive.
    With one caveat they are designed to get the maximum amount of clicks (increase Google's revenue) not to maximise your sales while minimising your spend.

Do you have analytics on your site?
    Is it linked to your Adwords account?
    Do you ask you clients what the were actually searching for?
    Have you analysed what your competitors are doing?
    Do your ads link to the page where products are?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

rob316 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have a website and it generates most traffic through google adwords, its brings in a bit of revenue and the profit is ok after the cost of adwords. My problem is I don't think I'm using it correctly and in turn not maximizing my profit and wasting my time on pointless keywords.

So my question is can you get a tutor of some sort to teach you or can someone point me in the direction of some excellent online material.

Thanks

What's you ROI and are you using generic keywords or ones with the brand name?

ROI = Revenue / Cost (How much you paid Google) E.g 5:1

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gheghici

Quick and simple - use wordstream.com. I think they have a 30 days trial. I think that after the 30 days it's a bit expensive. But you have a lot of tutorials, and plenty of time to figure it out what you're doing OK and what not - and how to improve it.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Hi Rob316, I am a qualified Google Adwords professional, if you like, you can PM me your Adwords client ID and I will have a quick look at your account - and tell you exactly what I think you could do to improve the results you are getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

rusnakova wrote: »
    Hi Rob316, I am a qualified Google Adwords professional, if you like, you can PM me your Adwords client ID and I will have a quick look at your account - and tell you exactly what I think you could do to improve the results you are getting.

*Sales Pitch alert* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fortjames

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    *Sales Pitch alert* :p

Lol, he is trying to help and not asking for money

• Registered Users Posts: 8 1sky

If you are spending x and your getting xy in return it sounds like your doing pretty well. Its hard to give advice when we dont know what type of site it is. Is it an ecommerce site ? Are you using adwords for lead generation?

Make sure all your adgroups are very focused. Get rid of the waste. i.e if a keyword is non performing dump it.

Be always testing your ads.

Advertisement