Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone any examples of a nicely painted/stained deck

Options
  • 19-08-2014 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

I know this comes up alot - im looking for pics of nicely finished decks.
    My deck is nearly built. Its a rectangular deck with a circular quadrant coming off it (if you get me)
    Its your run of the mill decking boards but I went to the trouble of putting in a boarder around it made from 7 inch wide treated timber (softwood)
    I have lights wired into the front of the curve and all around the boarder

I want to stain it so that the boarder contrasts the main deck. Ive no idea when it comes to painting or staining so im hoping people will post pics of their own work and maybe a quick description of wht the did.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,297 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Haven't got a photo right now, but I used to colour my decking with some colour in the midrange, be it stain or decking oil. You know something like antique pine or mahogany.

This summer I decided to try the darkest colour I could get make it stand out.

So on recommendation from the guy in the paint suppliers, I went with Crown Dark Walnut

http://www.crowntrade.co.uk/Products/Woodcare/Pages/AllPurposeWoodstain.aspx

Really pleased with it. Easy enough to apply, and nice and dark with 2 coats. Plus the dark colour has the added bonus of covering up any old stain that didn't power wash off. In the past, when I used a lighter colour, some of these would show through.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Everything you need to know about a nice deck!!!! ;)

Advertisement