Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EDT Instructor Question

Options
  • 18-08-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey guys,

I started my EDT lessons on the 1st of July and my instructor told me that I should try to get them done as quickly as possible because I'm on my second permit so the six month wait doesn't apply to me, plus I've been driving on and off for about a year so I'm not a complete beginner. I had two lessons together but he kept putting off the next one and told me not to do anything until he contacted me. I finally had lessons 3&4 together and he said he hoped there wouldn't be such a gap the next time. It's been four weeks since the last one and he's still saying not to do anything until he contacts me first. I texted him this evening and he told me that he's off and wouldn't ring me until next week, which I found a little irritating after a whole month of waiting.

Just wondering if this kind of waiting time is normal with the whole EDT thing and I'm being unreasonable for getting annoyed? I know you're advised to leave at least two weeks between lessons but honestly, it's been over a month and the longer I leave it the less motivation I have :/ The lessons were all paid for upfront as a birthday present and the website says vouchers are non-refundable so I'm wondering if this is why he seems so comfortable putting me off ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That sounds very unprofessional. Unfortunately it looks like you got a bag egg, who feels that he can jerk you around, as he already has the money from your lessons in his pocket This complaint comes up fairly often with pre paid lessons. I very much doubt if he would treat a pay as you go customer in such a shabby fashion.

Give him ring. Tell him you want to have the lessons on a more structured basis, as not doing so is impacting your ability to learn and practice your driving. If he keeps on trying to mess you around, tell him that you are going to report him to the RSA for unprofessional conduct.

Does the website have a customer service phone number, or email that you could contact? Contact them too and make a complaint. I'd say that they would be none to happy to have one of their drivers treating paying customers so badly.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

ProudDUB wrote: »
    That sounds very unprofessional. Unfortunately it looks like you got a bag egg, who feels that he can jerk you around, as he already has the money from your lessons in his pocket This complaint comes up fairly often with pre paid lessons. I very much doubt if he would treat a pay as you go customer in such a shabby fashion.

Give him ring. Tell him you want to have the lessons on a more structured basis, as not doing so is impacting your ability to learn and practice your driving. If he keeps on trying to mess you around, tell him that you are going to report him to the RSA for unprofessional conduct.

Does the website have a customer service phone number, or email that you could contact? Contact them too and make a complaint. I'd say that they would be none to happy to have one of their drivers treating paying customers so badly.

That advice is ok up to a point. If he's an independent instructor he is the customer service dept.

Get onto him. Tell him in no uncertain terms that if the lessons aren't conducted on a regular basis you'll seek advice from both the RSA and the NCA (National Consumer Agency)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 _becca_

Thanks for the advice guys, think I'll try insisting on things being a bit more regular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

The idea of getting it done quickly is a good one. But the customer service and manners of that driving instructor are terrible. Their are hundreds of other driving instructors out there that will gladly give you lessons as quick as you want them.

Advertisement