Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Scroll

Options
  • 18-08-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

We are thinking of having a scroll for the wedding instead of a mass booklet. Anyone know where I might get good quality paper to use for the scrolls. Tried the usual of Reads and Easons but they didn't seem to have much. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you tried the Art & Hobby Shop? Or Cork Art Supplies? I got the paper for my mass booklets from them, and the blank cards for the invites and thank you cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I hope you don't mind some friendly advice...
    I'd rethink about the scrolls.
    I've seen them done, and they're awful fidgety and no one likes unrolling them in the church.
    We were considering them, but went for booklets instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

I take your from Cork. Keep an eye on the art/hobby store in Wilton across from the pound shop they have the same paper and packs that you get in Vibes and Scribes but for half the price..I wouldn't be too worried about getting high spec paper for these either I know it sounds bad but most are just left after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind some friendly advice...
    I'd rethink about the scrolls.
    I've seen them done, and they're awful fidgety and no one likes unrolling them in the church.
    We were considering them, but went for booklets instead.

+1. We did scrolls for our menus and it was a pain, the wedding coordinator was great, but she said she spent several nights with her family roped in rolling and tying them (didn't realise I'd put them through that pain).
    We subsequently attended a wedding that had scrolls for their mass and it was really annoying. They kept falling and rolling away and it was hard to keep them open while trying to keep something else in the other hand. It was just awkward.

Otherwise, I'd say any nice cream paper that's got a bit of weight should do. We looked in a standard stationery shop and in Easons, either would do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We've done scrolls for our upcoming wedding and booklet for us and the priest(what he wanted) and we've been to weddings with scrolls and booklets.

People love and hate everything on a whim so you can't please everyone. Frankly I was not making 100 booklets because I just didn't want to. People don't need a full mass service booklet, a running order(such is a scroll) is enough for people in my opinion

Frankly I hate seeing peoples hard work like booklet and scrolls dumped on mass pews so the cost of making 100 scrolls was cheap compared to booklets

100 Sheets of 160gsm Ivory Paper €6
    Colour Ink €10
    Ribbon to tie Scrolls €18
    Heart Shaped Cutter to make hole for ribbon €3.75

Total €37.75

Remembering to use the 2013 onwards catholic mass missal = Priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

We just did a big blackboard with the order of service and the readers on it, simple!

Advertisement