Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions i need answered, thanks

Options
  • 18-08-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there, just a quick thread to ask about my leaving cert, i have just done the jc and i did all honors and i did badly in french, i normally get b's and mabey the odd a in my french tests, but i did really badly as i failed to prepare, i want to know can i do hounours french for my leaving if i fail it in my jc, thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Your JC has no effect on your LC at all. Do whatever you think you're capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

vctrburk wrote: »
    Hi there, just a quick thread to ask about my leaving cert, i have just done the jc and i did all honors and i did badly in french, i normally get b's and mabey the odd a in my french tests, but i did really badly as i failed to prepare, i want to know can i do hounours french for my leaving if i fail it in my jc, thanks in advance :)

Whether you do honours/pass in the Leaving Cert is entirely up to you at the end of the day with advice from your school/teacher. There are no requirements from the State Examinations Commission in this case. If you fail French in the Junior Cert you absolutely can do honours French in the Leaving Cert. Your teacher will know what your usual standard is and whether or not you are able for honours French. Obviously most people wouldn't recommend you do honours French if you failed it for the JC but if it's an anomaly like you say then it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 vctrburk

Thanks a million guys, i was really starting to worry and ye put my mind at ease, thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JasB14

You could really surprise yourself with your jc results but in the end they don't even matter, i used to fail every single french test at jc level and still was stubborn enough to take the hl paper. I surprisingly pulled off an honour on the day but then realised it didnt make a difference. I was shocking at french when i got into 5th year but managed to still sit the Hl paper for my leaving cert in june& as shocking as i was i still managed to pass! Have hopeðŸ‘

Advertisement