Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning runners?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit of a noob at running - followed the Irish Times programme for beginners after Christmas; up to doing 5k 3 times a week. A number of people have told me that in order to maintain the momentum, I'm better off joining a running club and a quick look online suggests that clubs generally meet in the evenings - but my working hours rule that out.
    Do any clubs in north Dublin or city centre meet in the mornings? Say around 9am?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

I'm a bit of a noob at running - followed the Irish Times programme for beginners after Christmas; up to doing 5k 3 times a week. A number of people have told me that in order to maintain the momentum, I'm better off joining a running club and a quick look online suggests that clubs generally meet in the evenings - but my working hours rule that out.
    Do any clubs in north Dublin or city centre meet in the mornings? Say around 9am?
    I think most clubs have sessions on Saturday and Sunday mornings. You could do your own thing during the week.
    You don't have to join a club to maintain momentum, many don't, prefer to do their own thing. Also many runners may only get to their club a few times a year due to work/ family etc.
    There a loads of training schedules you could follow on your own to improve ie http://www.halhigdon.com/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Thanks for that, Ger. Tbh, I'd like a bit of company too - just to keep myself on the straight and narrow but I'll have a look at Higdon to see if I can find a project to get my teeth into.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

OP - check out Dublin Runners on Meetup. There may be a run or two that suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Most clubs meet on weekday evenings for runs / training sessions, and then weekend mornings, but if you joined a club you could make friends there and arrange to meet some of them for morning runs? I quite often run with club members at non-designated times. it's a good way to meet other runners / runners at your level anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Can you run to work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement