Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Garden Advice

Options
  • 18-08-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Thought I'd share my little back garden project in the hope of getting some advice :D

We moved into a typical semi-d in Dublin and I've just gotten around to starting to do something with the garden.

Note, I've never done anything like this so feel free to tell me to stop any of the ideas below :D

I'm planning to stick a kids play area in the back left (filled with minichip tanbark) and and i'm not too sure what to put down at the back of that area to give us a bit of privacy from the houses backing onto us?

I was thinking of putting in the trees that line the street (hornbeam) but they may be too big and someone suggested bamboo?

Also, I've a big huge drain cover on the right side of the garden right beside the fence. Any advice on what to do with that? I was thinking of putting a border and then a semi circle covering it with some decorative chip and plants.......?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

Nice shed - where did you get it?

(although I would have sat it higher to let air circulate...)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Boyne Garden Sheds, a bit more expensive but a quality shed we're really happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Drain pipe and waterbutt for the shed👍 free water for the garden.( just my observation I'm a newbie on this forum so cannot offer anymore advice)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Drain pipe and waterbutt for the shed👍 free water for the garden.( just my observation I'm a newbie on this forum so cannot offer anymore advice)

Cheers, there's actually a drainpipe on the shed you just can't see it from the picture angle. Good idea about the waterbutt thanks ;)

Advertisement