Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Static IP SIM company?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone can help me?

For work we need to remotely access our system and to do that we require a Fixed (public) IP SIM card. From my research it looks like I'll need to look to the UK and I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience in the past with any companies? Any you would recommend? I have emailed 3grouterstore.co.uk but I said I'd check to see if anyone can recommend any others as it will be quite expensive to get it set up over here.

Kind Regards,

Kelly

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Not an answer, but a question - Can you use reverse DNS and something like http://freedns.afraid.org? That way it doesn't need to be a static IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kellyOb

hi khannie,

thanks for the reply :). Unfortunately not. We could use something like that on the system if we were able to connect to it wired at the site but unfortunately we can't (the system has been very temperamental and we've exhausted all other options). Our last choice and only other suggestion from the guys who own the hardware we are using is to get a fixed public ip sim.

I think for what it's worth though I shall also look into the reverse DNS as it may come in handy at a later stage.

kelly

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

In that case I can't help any further. Good luck with your search. You may get more answers in the mobiles forum if you don't get what you're looking for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kellyOb

Excellent, cheers Khannie,

regards,

kelly

Advertisement