Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 1020 Cyan / 8.1. / Whatsapp Photo Uploads

Options
  • 18-08-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Since the Cyan update last week, any and all Whatsapp photos I receive are saved into the Photo album on my phone. (Before, they were saved automatically anyway, but were in a "Whatsapp Photos" folder instead.)

So now; I've got my phone set to auto-upload any pictures I take to Onedrive, and it's basically wasting battery power / space / bandwidth in downloading these Whatsapp photo's and then re-uploading them again 20 seconds later.

Any ideas on how to avoid this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

If I remember correctly, Whatsapp creates a folder in the Photos - are you saying this is gone?

Also, you can set the photo backup to only run when on wifi.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

theothernt wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, Whatsapp creates a folder in the Photos - are you saying this is gone?

Also, you can set the photo backup to only run when on wifi.

There's no "Whatsapp" album any more, they go in to a folder called "other pictures".

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

**** Pre-Update the Photo Album was: ****

* "All"
    (Containing my photos, which I've taken)

* "Albums"
    With subfolders:
    - "Camera Roll" (Containing my photos)
    - "Saved Pictures" (Containing pictures I've saved from Internet Explorer, etc.)
    - "WhatsApp" (Containing received photos of foolish chums drinking 15 pints, etc.)

Only the contents of the "All" album was uploaded to Onedrive.

**** Post-Update the Photo Album is: ****

* "All"
    (Containing my photos, saved pictures,whatsapp pictures, other pictures, etc, i.e. all of the below )

* "Albums"
    With subfolders:
    - "Camera Roll" (Containing my photos)
    - "Saved Pictures" (Containing pictures I've saved from Internet Explorer, etc.)
    - "WhatsApp" (Containing received photos pre-update)
    - "Other Pictures" (Containing received photos post-update)

The full contents of the "All" album is uploaded to Onedrive.

As you can see, there's a bit more being uploaded, which I don't really want to bother uploading!

Advertisement