Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork UCC Bus Routes

Options
  • 18-08-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Does anyone in UCC have any experience with the bus routes to get to the college, I've been trying to use the Bus Eireann site for a while now but it's absolutely dire. Specifically I'll be travelling from Glanmire into the Western Gateway building.

If anyone has experience or knowledge on the bus routes in and around Cork city it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

The No.8 stops literally outside the WGB, and the No.5 stops a five minute walk away on College Road. You can walk down through Brookfield and across the pedestrian bridge.

Both of these buses go from the Bus station on Parnell place. I presume your bus in from Glanmire will stop there.

/edit - they don't "go" from Parnell place - they pass there. Just for the pedants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

deRanged wrote: »
    The No.8 stops literally outside the WGB, and the No.5 stops a five minute walk away on College Road. You can walk down through Brookfield and across the pedestrian bridge.

Both of these buses go from the Bus station on Parnell place. I presume your bus in from Glanmire will stop there.

/edit - they don't "go" from Parnell place - they pass there. Just for the pedants :)

What deRanged said! However I will add that they are actually the 208 and the 205 now - just to clear up any confusion you might have :) They both stop on Patrick street - the 205, outside the 02 Shop, and the 208, a little bit down further :)

Advertisement