Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you accept a CAO offer and then want to cancel?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I have applied for a plc and this morning I got a level 7 offer. Now while I would like both courses, I would probably be more lending towards the plc. I know however there's obviously a chance I may not get accepted, hence why I don't want to reject my CAO offer(which I haven't accepted yet) because then I will be left with nothing. My interview is on the 27th and I have until the 25th to accept my offer. Any advice? Don't know what to do :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If you accept the course and then pull out a few days later, you won't have to pay fees so it's not a big deal really.

Accept the course if you would be happy doing it, if you don't get the PLC course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Ah ok :) so if I accepted today and got the plc on the 27th,would I be ok to cancel? I thought I'd ask on here to make sure as someone told me to double check as the college might take action against me for cancelling... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

(correct me if I'm wrong) I think you can cancel after accepting, that's why there's a round 2 in the CAO - so other people can take the places on courses of people who pulled out.
    Best thing to do would be to ring the CAO themselves and ask.

Advertisement