Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 64gb sd card stopped working correctly

Options
  • 18-08-2014 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I bought this 64gb card from Amazon the other day for my galaxy S4. I loaded it up with all my Spotify music and threw on a couple of movies for good measure. All played fine. The next day I go to play some Spotify tracks and notice it plays any song for less than a second and then stops. It also won't play the movies now either.

I did not reformat the card or anything, I figured whatever it's set to by the Sandisk would be appropriate, and have read Windows is not the best option to format a card with.

What should I try before I try and send it back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

looks like there are lots of known issues with 64gb card on S4....Might be worth doing a reformat and trying to load it again. Format it using the phone if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Have you got another phone to try it in?

I've an S5. I got a 64GB card when I had an S4 (think its the same model of card as yours). It's been working grand in both phones.

If it's a new card it's probably just faulty.

I'd do the following steps.

1: format the card in the phone.
    2: fill the card with about 60GB of media.
    3: try playing random files.
    4: try the card in a different phone if possible.

If the same happens again open a case with the seller and get the card replaced.
    There are Windows tools to check to see if you have a fake card but the tests above should be good enough. The seller you bought it from has good feedback so it's probably not fake but it shouldn't be hard to get replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hmm okay weird it's working right now, the only thing I can think of that's different is that I've restarted the phone since then....interesting, hope it's not just working intermittently.

I asked Amazon and they actually rang me like 1 hour later telling me to reformat the card and he'd ring me back later to see how things go! Think I'll format anyway just to make sure.

Advertisement