Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO ???

Options
  • 17-08-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Ok so I think I will be offered phsyics with astronomy tomorrow (its not my first choice its my fifth) but i dont think I want it! Is there any way that if i dont accept that , that there might be a chance that I will be offered undenominated science in NUIG which is my 6th choice ??

Please im so confused and dont know what to do!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WhatNowHow

Afraid not you will be offered your 5th choice if you have the points for it and then something else off your level 6/7 list.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

oh great.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

You can be offered your 4th if the points drop

yeah i dont think they will :( dont know what to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wmirl

If you do get offered Physics with Astronomy (presumably it's also in NUIG), you may be able to transfer into Undenominated Science, if not at the start of the year, then mostly likely by the end of first year. Everyone does most of the same subjects in first year (there are a few astronomy specific modules) if you're looking to go down the physics/maths/applied maths/computer science route. Talk with the course head when you start about transferring, the college is usually accommodating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

thanks everyone unreal haha I got offered science in NUIG because physics with astronomy went up 40 points and couldnt be more happier!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

ejayy wrote: »
    thanks everyone unreal haha I got offered science in NUIG because physics with astronomy went up 40 points and couldnt be more happier!! :)

Sometimes things just work out. Congrats.

yeah was so worrid I would have to take a gap year, I did all three sciences for leaving cert but still dont know what I would like to do with science so I felt that undenominated science would be a better option! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

ejayy wrote: »
    yeah was so worrid I would have to take a gap year, I did all three sciences for leaving cert but still dont know what I would like to do with science so I felt that undenominated science would be a better option! :)

Very wise. A year of doing science in college should give you an Idea of which area you want to focus on

• Advertisement

Very wise. A year of doing science in college should give you an Indra of which area you want to focus on

exactly! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You got lucky!! :D

Congrats and hope you enjoy! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement