Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good subject to do at home?

Options
  • 17-08-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I failed maths so I'll be repeating the leaving certificate this year. I'll be doing English, maths, business, biology and art, and I need one more subject that I'd be able to do at home. What would you suggest? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I'd definitely suggest economics.One year is plenty of time to cover the course + some as its quite short!
    I personally didn't find it too difficult to take up for the year,(i think you would manage doing it at home yourself) especially as you are doing business.They aren't even really linked at all i just think people who tend to like or do well at business also do for economics,they are both theory based with similar-ish style questions/answer layout.
    good luck anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I'd definitely suggest economics.One year is plenty of time to cover the course + some as its quite short!
    I personally didn't find it too difficult to take up for the year,(i think you would manage doing it at home yourself) especially as you are doing business.They aren't even really linked at all i just think people who tend to like or do well at business also do for economics,they are both theory based with similar-ish style questions/answer layout.
    good luck anyway:)

What books, etc. would you suggest I get for economics?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Shane15 wrote: »
    What books, etc. would you suggest I get for economics?

I used positive economics and found it great (although i have nothing else to compare it to)
    I would learn that book ,answer the exam papers on the topic ,check the marking scheme and move on.I didn't need any extra revise wise books etc as it and the marking schemes had everything.

Advertisement